K so. Here's my attempt to catch up to today so I can start blogging more of my thoughts and not boring "today I did this and this happened and blah".
So up until last ehh Monday-ish, my plan was to fly to Paris on Thursday and get with my host family for the weekend and get to know Paris, etc. Well, all that changed all of a sudden, and I had the opportunity to go to London on Wednesday and spend a couple of days with Shabdha at her apartment then go to Paris via bus on Saturday. How can I pass that up? I decided formally on Tuesday to fly out on Wednesday (the next day!!) to London, thanks to a flexible schedule and parents who are more spontaneous than I am.
Plane ride to London: unbelievable, in a word. My airplane food was SO GOOD (I'm talking, four course meal with three different types of wine, lots of cheeses, and the whole nine yards). I was super awk and took pictures. Let's see if these show up right:
(I don't have a picture for the first two courses)
1 & 2) Salad and some kind of shrimp appetizer -- red wine
3) Salmon française with roasted asparagus and some kind of pâté -- white wine
4) Dessert: some delicious ice cream dish and a fruit tray with a variety of cheeses -- dessert wine
And for the "light pre-arrival snack," a full breakfast including an omelet, sausages, and a grilled tomato
Dude I was blown away by the airplane food. It was awesomeee. Anyway, I had a little sad to land, needless to say.
So thus my adventures in London commenced.
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(81)
-
▼
June
(24)
- Daily Sched (pronounced skej)
- Today was such a success
- Fine I got some more.
- In which Chris comes to Paris
- Four Yalies sitting at a Parisian sports bar
- With my mind on Togo
- Châteaux and what not.
- I want an apartment like this.
- Home stay.
- Aged cheese.
- Squash
- Home stay fail.
- A Step by Step Handbook on Wasting Your Weekends i...
- First impressions of Paris
- To make up for it.
- Literary High Horse
- Mona what?
- Crossing the English Channel
- To-go Sushi
- Tea with the Queen and Shabdha at 0200 hours
- Who says airplane food is bad?
- Oh no! I'm doing that thing!!
- A nice welcome to Paris?
- London?!
-
▼
June
(24)

UGH! HATE YOU!!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst class meals don't count as "airplane food," Nico!
ReplyDelete