Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Squash

Dude guess what I did today?

I played squash with one of my French professors from this past semester (from Yale) at the fitness club he usually goes to in the Latin Quarter. That's so sweet, right?

Also, I passed by an Argentinean restaurant on the way there and my stomach leapt a little bit. (Why is Firefox underlining that with a red squiggly? Is it not leapt? Leaped, maybe? No red squiggly, but that kind of sounds wrong. Google.  Aha. A post on a forum in DailyWritingTips.com tells me:  

Leap is one of those verbs in transition (like dive and dream). It is in the process of acquiring a regular past participle -ed ending but the older form is still in use.


leap leapt (have/had) leapt
leap leaped (have/had) leaped

Now I know.)  Anyway, so it leapt a little bit and I'm definitely visiting it sometime to get some empanadas and steak. And tango. And I miss Buenos Aires.

I diverge.  The point is, I played squash today with one of my recent professors and it was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment