Friday, May 14, 2010

In Which I Contrast A Typical Day at Yale and A Typical Day at Home

 Typical Day at Yale:
  • 8:00 am -- First thought of the day: "CRAP I SLEPT THROUGH MY 7:30 ALARM. How am I going to finish my French composition??"
  • 8:14 am -- Get out of shower, grab something to wear from the closet, and begin furiously writing my French composition
  • 9:07 am -- Finish French composition just in time to run to the Silliman dining hall, exchange some pleasantries with Ruby (who always seems to be cutting coupons out of a book at the swipe area), and grab a cup of coffee and a cup of pineapple slices
  • 9:20 am - 2:15 pm -- Class. Try to stay awake. Waste a dining hall swipe on a cup of coffee.
  • 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm -- Work. Boss asks me to draft a financial report on company X, nbd. Grab a cup of coffee from the office kitchen.
  • 5:15 pm - 6:00 pm -- Meeting with research group. There's global warming in Michigan.
  • 6:00 pm - 6:50 pm -- Dinner. It's a good day; Chef Omar has put his special sauce out.
  • 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm -- Discussion Section (every Yalie's favorite time of day) and meetings.
  • 10 pm - 12:15 am -- Study study study. More coffee.
  • 12:15 am - 12:45 am -- Study break with Jessica to make mash-ups on Virtual DJ.
  • 12:45 am - 3:00 am -- Study study study
Typical I-Just-Got-Home-And-Feel-Entitled-to-23-Hours-of-Sleep-a-Day Day:
  • 11:39 am -- First thought of the day: "Oh my god, why am I up before the crack of noon." Back to sleep.
  • 1:27 pm -- Stumble out of bed and into the bathroom where I am horrified to see a caveman in the mirror. It's just me, it's cool.
  • 2:31 pm -- Open up computer and look at the time and feel slightly disgusted (but only slightly) at my laziness
  • 2:34 pm -- Rummage the fridge and find some left-over fried rice. My favorite.
  • 2:37 pm -- Check mail, Facebook, and the Washington Post and wonder how it got so late.
  • 2:37 pm - 2:41 pm -- Twiddle my thumbs.
  • 2:41 pm -- Realize that I haven't changed my laptop's time to Central and it's actually only 1:41 pm. Success. No longer disgusted at my laziness.
  • 1:46 pm -- Spend 45 minutes finding the perfect music for the blog.
  • 2:31 pm -- Realize that it's already 2:31 and I still have yet to start my day.
  • 2:32 pm -- More important realization: it's been fully 7 minutes since I last checked Facebook.

MLIA.

2 comments:

  1. favorite part:
    "where I am horrified to see a caveman in the mirror. It's just me, it's cool."

    story of my everyday morning. lawl.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  2. teehee nico this is hilarious =]
    also your day at yale kinda sucks dude sad face

    -athena

    ReplyDelete