Thursday, May 20, 2010

Nico & Elena's Classy Escapades in Napa, Part the Second

Today's my last day in the Bay Area.  Yesterday we:
  • Went to Berkeley and walked around.  Super super cool campus. It's beautiful in a way that is really different from Yale because of its hills and generally not-flat topography. Seems like an awesome town to live in for a few years for school.  
  • Observations: no one in the Bay Area owns the big SUVs or trucks that are ubiquitous in the South.
  • Had pupusas for lunch!! (Shout-out to Oscar)
  • Watched that new movie Babies which chronicled a year in the lives of four newborns around the world.  It's really adorable if you're in to the March of the Penguins kind of thing, and kind of boring if you're not.  Luckily I had Elena next to me squealing with pleasure and saying "awwwww so cute!!!!" the entire time to keep me entertained.
  • Watched Being John Malkovich.  Super freaky and existential slash amazing. You've gotta see it. There was one scene in the movie where John Malkovich went inside his own mind portal thing and felt trapped in this weird world and he got really freaked out and it reminded of that one night in Buenos Aires that we went kind of beserk and you know what happened. Ha.
I think the plan for today is to take a ferry to San Francisco and do the touristy thing!!  Then I have a red-eye back to Memphis from like 1:30 am to 7:30 am.  I'll report back with whatever crazy escapades Elena and I get ourselves into today.

(Sorry for the boring-ish recaps so far.  When I get back to Memphis, I'll have better stuff.)

(OH ALSO!!!!! I just remembered I got an email this morning from my Paris program with the information for my homestay family!! I'll be staying in the 3rd on this very Parisian-looking boulevard! More details in the next few posts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment