Friday, May 21, 2010

Nico & Elena's Classy Escapades in Napa, Part the Third

Final installment of the Classy Escapades series.  I'm actually sitting at home in Memphis now as I write this after a loooong day of traveling that included spending the night in SFO, taking a 6 am flight to Salt Lake City (my first time to Utah...it was nice, I guess), and waiting for a three-hour-delayed flight to Memphis.  But at least I'm home now with Aaron!! In any case, another boring-ish recap of my last day which was spent entirely in the touristy areas of San Francisco (but was so great):
  • Took a ferry from a town near Napa to San Francisco. Saw the Golden Gate bridge and Alcatraz en route. Took a bunch of embarrassingly touristy pictures.
 
Golden Gate! 

  • Walked all the way down from the ferry dock to Pier 39 with alllllll the tourists. 
  • Saw sea lions and was very confused as to the purpose of their existence
  • Strolled through Fisherman's Wharf
  • Went to Union Square, where...
  • We saw Paloma!! who, by the way, was presenting at a microfinance conference.  No big deal.
  • Ran back to the dock where we almost missed the last ferry. Which would have been tragic.
Anyway so I think the Bay Area in general is amazing! Apparently its population is the second most educated in the country and it's super progressive and liberal.  This definitely comes out in every aspect of their culture, and I love it.  At least in the areas of SF that we visited, it seemed really young and yuppie-ish and just had a really great atmosphere. I can definitely see myself relocating there for the first stage of my career or something. 

I'm back at home now, bro-ing out with Aaron since my entire family is currently in Florida for the weekend, and I don't really know what to do with myself.  Maybe Aaron and I will go to Buffalo Wild Wing's and pound some beers or something.

...kidding.

PS I know the music is getting annoying, so I'll find some sweet new tunes soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment