Visited Ghana today. For 30 minutes.
I became friends with the policemen at the border (which is RIGHT behind our office) and I asked them if I could go into Ghana just to say I did. They laughed and said ok.
Yep.
Funny story on how I discovered that the border was right behind our office. When I was filming the MDG video, I was scoping out locations around the office to find a place to film that looked good when a soldier yelled at me from behind.
"HEY WHERE'S YOUR PASSPORT?"
Oh god. I had just left the office for like 5 minutes to see if there were any places close by to film at and I didn't bring anything...not even any money to bribe the police officer!
"Um..."
"YOU'RE IN GHANA."
I thought I was going to die. I thought they were going to ship me to Accra and that I was going to sleep in a police station and that I would have to call the American embassy and that I would make headline news on the NYT and that I was going to die.
After I played sweet, stupid American and let him know that I work just right there for an NGO and that I had no idea that that was the border and that I was harmless, he let me go with a laugh.
"I just like scaring tourists. Yeah this is the border, so be careful."
Wednesday, August 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(81)
-
▼
August
(17)
- Don't. Make. Me. Leave. and Closing thoughts
- Ghana?
- So...it's official.
- hehehe
- Carrying stuff on my head.
- Would you like a monkey's skull with that?
- Will I miss it?
- For kicks and giggles
- Blind Side.
- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!
- WIN
- Oh also.
- UGH WHAT IS MY LIFE.
- Best phone conversation I've ever had.
- May it be known
- Halfway point??
- The best burger I've ever had.
-
▼
August
(17)

No comments:
Post a Comment