I mean, I don't think I am, in any case. But maybe I am, considering how often people ask me whether I am. In particular, there's this one guy who has a conversation like this with me at least once a day:
Him: So do you speak Japanese?
Me: I'm not Japanese.
Him: Is the language there similar to Japanese?
Me: No.
Him: Do you do Japanese martial arts?
Me: No, I'm not Japanese.
Him: Apowivnealea! That means "hello" in Japanese, right?
Me: I don't know, I'm not Japanese.
Him: Did your parents come from Japan?
Me: No.
I swear to you, EVERY DAY.
But the other day, the people in the office were trying to decide which nationality I resembled the most, if not the Japanese. They decided it was either Cambodian or Nepalese. Um...ok.
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(81)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Torches
- First weekend trip out of Lomé
- Ups and downs
- One of those moments
- I'm not Japanese.
- Public Transportation
- BLUE BOOK OMG.
- Follow-up
- The side no one sees
- This is my life.
- Togo.
- I mean, I'm in Ghana, nbd.
- Nico and Aaron do Paris
- Rome, Attempt 3.
- Recipe for success
- Vespas and other shenanigans Uncle Sam would be pr...
- Roma, la più bella città nel mundo
-
▼
July
(17)

No comments:
Post a Comment